Kuda is a full-service digital bank with an app. Our objective is to be the go-to bank not only for Africans residing on the continent but also for the African diaspora living wherever in the world. Kuda is free of obnoxious banking fees and excels at assisting consumers with budgeting, spending wisely, and saving more. We concluded a Series A investment round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s best venture capital investors, after raising the largest seed round ever seen in Africa. Kuda is quickly becoming known as the premier ‘Neobank’ for Africans, with offices in London (our headquarters), Lagos, and Cape Town, and more offices opening around Africa in 2021.
We are actively seeking bright, talented, driven people that are inspired by our purpose to help us grow into a company that can make substantial changes to the way people across Africa receive access to outstanding financial products and services in order to take control of their own money. If this sounds like a fun way to spend your time, please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: E-Learning Developer
Employment Type: Full Time
- This person would be a hands-on team member in charge of electronically integrating learning content using a range of writing tools.
- The employee would be in charge of Kuda’s instructional design specifications.
- She/he is a semi-technical, primarily visual resource who assists in bringing learning tales to life.
- She/he will be in charge of the LMS system’s design, implementation, management, and operational performance, as well as facilitating the development of high-quality e-learning courses and developing an online learning plan to complement the broader business strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the LMS’s implementation, including any necessary interfaces with current systems and/or processes.
- Create a communication/engagement plan to encourage learners to use learning platforms.
- Provide end-user training as needed to support the launch of Kuda’s online learning platforms.
- Identify and discuss process and quality improvement opportunities, including feedback on utilization, problems, and suggested modifications.
- Acquire and keep up-to-date on current technology as it relates to LMS software and systems.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create content for e-learning courses.
- As needed by the business, create unique and dynamic e-Learning content.
- Define methods of working to guarantee that online learning meets the needs of both the business and the end-user.
- Ensure the LMS’s appropriate deployment as well as its daily operation, use, and configuration.
- Design and administer the LMS interface for all users, as well as assure the LMS’s usability.
- To protect the security and integrity of systems and networks, they write and maintain technical procedures and policy documentation.
- Create and maintain resources to instruct and support learners on how to use technology for online and professional development, as well as to assist users with signing in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- assigns user permissions, creates and manages user structures, including the formation of user groups and learning cohorts, and creates user logins as needed.
- Manage and keep track of course enrollment, modifications, and history. Also, where applicable, ensure that there are online examinations and evaluations for courses on the LMS.
- Work with the technology team and the implementation partner to manage (update and upgrade) the LMS while also reviewing and monitoring system performance on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain standardized tools and reports for ongoing access to learning information; generate standard and custom reports; analyze reporting data, and make strategic recommendations to the Senior L & D Manager.
- Employees should have access to blended learning options.
- Create, edit, and publish all courses, tests, and evaluation materials for the LMS.
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts to ensure that content is correct and up-to-date.
- Monitoring the performance of the LMS’s content and tools and identifying methods to improve the content and product.
- Before uploading course materials to the LMS, confirm that they meet the quality standard.
- Ensure the accuracy and relevancy of the LMS’s courses and other assets.
- Assign courses to employees based on their competencies and requests from their respective HODs/Line Managers.
- Create online learning engagement techniques with the goal of transforming Kuda into a learning organization.
- Conduct regular research and consult with professionals from a variety of industries to ensure that best practices for learning and development via the LMS are implemented in the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience delivering Online Learning & Learning Management System functions or HR generalist or specialist experience is required.
- A professional body membership – CIPM, CIPD, NITAD, PMI, SHRM, etc. – is advantageous.
- Basic expertise with a variety of psychometric tools for development purposes, as well as coaching qualification, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of practical learning and development principles, as well as an understanding of current best practices and their application, as well as knowledge of external suppliers of management development support, is required.
- worked with top management on a variety of HR development efforts.
- Extensive experience translating strategic thought into tangible deliverables.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere that necessitates a high level of flexibility while adhering to business disciplines.
- Fundamental project management knowledge and hands-on experience are required.
- Organization, follow-up, analytical, and problem-solving abilities are required.
- ability to maintain strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive material.
- open-minded, capable of following instructions and delivering high-quality results.
- Strong judgment and problem-solving skills are required to deal with ambiguity.
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- understanding of how to operate a learning management system.
- excellent knowledge of quick creation tools like Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
- Storyboarding, content design, digitalization, and authoring tools knowledge
- In-depth understanding of SCORM technologies
- Communication skills that are confident, eloquent, and straightforward with employees at all levels.
- ability to build positive working relationships with coworkers and other internal divisions.
- A public speaker with self-assurance.
- adults’ understanding of learning theories and pedagogy.
- Management and implementation of innovative projects are required.
- excellent knowledge of and experience with G-Suite.
- Experience with data research, analysis, collection/collection, interpretation, and presentation; creating standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics; interacting and communicating with top and senior management, employees, and other important stakeholders.
Why join Kuda?
- Join the dynamic and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we seek to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet,’ and become a part of one of the challenger banking industry’s trailblazers.
- A stimulating and adaptable work environment
- Pay is competitive.
- Coworkers who are both smart and nice
- Contribution to the pension fund in full
- Health insurance that is dependable
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online