Do you want to know how to move airtime between Airtel phones? The process is easy, instant, and quick. This article shows you how to use the Me2U service to send Airtel airtime to someone else and how to use the Data Gifting service to give someone some of your data or buy them bundles with your airtime.
Me2U is an Airtel service that lets subscribers share internet bundles and airtime with other Airtel subscribers. The service is free, but both the sender and the receiver must follow certain rules.
How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel
Keep in mind that subscribers get an extra 4% if they buy N20,000 or more in airtime through Airtel’s self-care app and then use the Me2U service to share it with other people. Want to use this service and get extra airtime? Here is the complete guide on how to use the Me2U service to send airtime from Airtel to Airtel:
- Dial Airtel transfer code *432* recipient’s Airtel number *amount of airtime.
- Press the call button on your phone and wait for a confirmation message.
- The sender and recipient receive confirmation messages if the transaction is successful.
The service has the following advantages:
- There is no service fee for this kind of transfer.
- There is no limitation to the number of times you can transfer in a day, a week, or a month.
- There is also no limitation on the amount that can be shared.
- No subscription or setup is required for this kind of transfer.
How to Share Data on Airtel
You can share data on Airtel instead of calling each other. With the Data Me2U service, an Airtel customer can send some of their data to another Airtel customer. For instance, if you pay for 1.5GB per month, you can send 100MB to someone else. If you gift data, on the other hand, you can use your airtime to buy an internet bundle plan for someone else. Read on to learn how to share Airtel data:
- Dial *312#.
- Select Gifting or Me2U.
- Select Data Me2U, then follow the prompts your phone displays on the screen until you complete the process.
When you share Airtel data, you have to enter a PIN. Do not give this PIN to anyone else. Should someone not know your PIN, they will not be able to move your internet bundles from one Airtel line to another.
So, when you use Airtel’s Data Sharing/Gifting service for the first time, change the PIN that comes up to any PIN you want.
How to Recharge Your Airtel Line from Your Bank Account
In Nigeria, if your Airtel line is linked to your bank account, you can use your bank account to top up your Airtel line. A lot of people like this service because it saves them money because they don’t have to buy airtime scratch cards. Here are some easy steps to take:
- Dial *444# on your phone.
- Select the service or product you want.
- Select the payment option (your bank account or debit card).
- Enter the amount, and follow the prompts to complete the process.
You can use the code to perform these tasks:
- Recharge airtime or data on your Airtel line.
- Buy airtime or internet bundles for anyone else’s Airtel number.
It is also important to take note of the following:
The service is free, meaning there are no hidden charges or costs.
- The minimum amount of Airtel airtime you can recharge from your bank is N50, and there is no maximum amount.
- You can access the service using button phones and smartphones.
- You can access the service any time of the day in Nigeria.
How can I transfer airtime from Airtel to Airtel?
Dial the correct code to transfer airtime on Airtel, which is *432*recipient’s Airtel number*amount of airtime#.