International students enrolling in a degree program at Simon Fraser University to study in Canada can now apply for a number of awards. The majority of prizes are given to first-time applicants and may be renewed if academic performance remains consistent.
Bachelor’s, research master’s, and doctorate degree students are eligible for the Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards, which are very competitive. Both domestic and international students are eligible for scholarships.
About Simon Fraser University (SFU)
Simon Fraser University is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada, with three campuses: Burnaby, Surrey, and Vancouver. SFU is a member of multiple national and international higher education associations, including the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the International Association of Universities, and Universities Canada. SFU has also partnered with other universities and agencies to operate joint research facilities such as the TRIUMF, Canada’s national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics, which houses the world’s largest cyclotron, and Bamfield Marine Station.
SFU Postgraduate Scholarship
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Simon Fraser University (SFU)
- Country to study: Canada
- School to study: Simon Fraser University
- Gender: Men and Women
Requirements for SFU Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
These are general considerations for the award of Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards, specific criteria are stated for each program on the scholarship page.
- Applicants can be domestic or international students.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Students must be enrolling full time in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The award is available for bachelors, masters & PhD program in various fields offered by the University.
- Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Simon Fraser University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Simon Fraser University (SFU) on sims.erp.sfu.ca to apply
As part of the application process for the entrance awards, interested applicants must first take admission into the University. Thereafter, they can proceed to apply online the scholarship programme for which they qualify for.
Students are also automatically considered for some awards at the point of admission based on their academic records.
For more details, click here