Under the scholarships for international students 2022-2023 category, the University of Ottawa is offering the Entrance Scholarship for African Students Studying in English. African students who desire to enroll in a degree program at the University for the specified academic session are eligible for the scholarship.
The University is proud of its international student body’s diversity. This grant is available to international students who are African citizens and will be admitted in the fall of 2022 or later.
About University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual (English-French) university in the world. Located at the heart of Canada’s capital, we have ready access to the great institutions of our country. Our advances in social sciences, health, engineering, science, and the humanities make uOttawa a unique place to learn, grow, and excel. Two decades into the 21st century, having taken stock of our extraordinary growth, the University of Ottawa looks to the future with confidence, ambition, and vision, poised to complete our metamorphosis into an illustrious, internationally-engaged university.
Uni. Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarship
- Type Undergraduate
- Organization: University of Ottawa
- Country to study: Canada
- School to study: University of Ottawa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Uni. Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship awards is applicable to African students who are studying in English, and who enroll in one of the specified undergraduate programs in the faculties of Engineering, Science, or Social Sciences. This significant financial contribution to their education reduces their tuition fees by $12,000 to $20,000, depending on the program.
- All students who are eligible for this scholarship will automatically receive it upon enrolment. It will be applied directly to their tuition fees.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with the Excellence Scholarship for African Students Studying in English.
Uni. Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarship Courses
- English Language Programmes
Requirements for Uni. Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for the University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students Studying in English are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Meet the admission requirements of the program in question;
- Be enrolled full time for the first time in a university undergraduate program;
- Be an African citizens
- Required averages to keep or renew a scholarship are rounded to two decimal places. For example, a student with an average of 8.49 would not be eligible for a scholarship that requires an 8.50 average. See academic regulation 10.2 for more information on calculating averages.
Note: Mature applicants and university transfers are not eligible for certain admission scholarships. Please review eligibility criteria carefully.
April 30, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Ottawa on www.uottawa.ca to apply
Interested applicants are required to find out what your options are
- You can apply for scholarship and bursaries as soon as you have applied to the University of Ottawa and have received your uoAccess ID and password.
- Explore all of your opportunities through the Online Scholarships and Bursaries search engine, also available in uoZone, under the Applications
All scholarships and bursaries applications must be submitted online, using Online Scholarships and Bursaries. Application forms are usually available two months before the application deadline.
- Read all the requirements carefully before applying.
- Upload all required documents in Online Scholarships and Bursaries and submit your application.
For more details, click here