The MTN Data Share service is also known as the MTN Data Giving Service. With this service, users can send and share a part of their active data bundle with loved ones, friends, and family.
There are two ways to use this service. The first way is to buy data from another MTN line. The second way is to share some of your data with another MTN line.
With the MTN giving service, a user can also send a data request service to another user and ask them for data. MTN doesn’t let you share data like Glo does; you can only move data from one MTN line to another.
That means that more than one SIM card can’t use the same data at the same time or from the same data amount.
The cool thing about MTN data sharing is that all customers, new and old, can use it. It works with all sim types, too, whether they are 2G, 3G, or 4G. On top of that, your MTN tariff plan doesn’t matter because you can share data from any MTN tariff plan on the network.
How to Share Data on Mtn
Here are all the ways you can use MTN to send and receive data.
- Using MTN data transfer code (USSD),
- via SMS
- Using the MTN app
- Requesting data transfer from a friend
How to Share Data using Data Transfer Code
Most people use the MTN data transfer code method to move their data amount to another MTN line. Anyone can use this method, and it does not take long because it only takes a few clicks to complete.
- Dial *312#
- Select the “Gift Data” option
- Then select the “Transfer from Data Balance” option
- Now, enter the MTN number you want to transfer data to
- Select the data amount you want to transfer
- Finally, select option “1” to confirm the transfer
That is it! The amount of data you choose will be sent to the number you want to share it with. Soon after, the recipient number will be credited, and they will get a message telling them they have received the data. If the above method is too stressful, you can use the next method to share your data with other MTN lines.
How to Share MTN Data Via SMS
The following is a step-by-step tutorial for transferring data from MTN to MTN using SMS.
- Open the message app and create a new message.
- Type “Transfer <Recipient’s Number> <Data Amount>“, then send to 312.
- For example, if you want to transfer 200MB to 08030000000, just type in:
How Share Data on Mtn Using myMtn App
The following is a simple step-by-step guidance on how to transfer data on MTN using the myMTN app; simply follow the instructions carefully.
- Open the myMTN app (download and register if you’re a new user).
- Once logged in, click on “Share.“
- Tap on “Data.“
- Tap on “New Number“
- Select or input the amount of data you want to transfer and continue
- Now, click on the “Confirm” button to authorize the data transfer.
How to Share MTN Data via Data Request
The data request feature, as the name implies, involves using an MTN line to request a portion of data from another MTN line with a sufficient data balance, which can be done simply by following the steps below.
This is another fantastic way to transfer data from MTN to MTN with a few clicks.
- Dial *312#
- Select “Gift Data.”
- Select “Request from a Friend” option
- Enter the MTN number you wish to request data from.
- Then, a pop-up notification confirming the delivery of your data request will show up on your screen, after which a data request text message will be sent to the number you entered.
- If the line is with you, just accept and enter the data amount you wish to transfer.